Friday, July 13, 2007

Sunday 7-01-07

Clifton Rd.- Candler Park "Yard Sale"

On Sunday I found this sale around the corner from my home. When I arrived there was no one watching over the pile of goods in the front yard of this small brick bungalow. There was simply a sign that read “Clothes and Books 50 cents all other items $1.00 put money in mailbox”. As I began my inspection of the assembled clutter a van with a man and a woman pulled up and stopped. Upon reading the sign the sign the woman loudly announced, “This is the best type of yard sale I’ve ever been to”. She them began gathering a great amount of goods. When the man with her questioned what they would do with some of the stuff she just said that she could send it to Israel.
Among the stuff for sale on the honor system were women’s clothing, some books, glassware, some bicycle parts, shoes and candles.
I left with a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and a tee-shirt. I did leave the appropriate cash in the mailbox.




Instructions for using self service yard sale.

No comments: