Sunday, September 26, 2004

Weekend of 9/17

Atlanta has survived Hurricane Ivan. The city is a minor mess and people are disoriented mostly because everybody though it was going to be a lot worse. I have a flooded basement and no hot water. No one even thinks about having sales on Friday. On Saturday the weather is great, but I’m busy helping Cindy set up her booth at the East Atlanta Festival where she’s selling her art. After that I have to head home and try to get the standing water out of my basement. I see very little evidence of sales between East Atlanta and Lake Claire. I see one small sale in Edgewood, but I’m too busy to do anything but slow down, it doesn’t look like I’m missing much. There is another sale I pass on Fairview but I have no time to browse and it looks like its mostly piles kids clothes.

No comments: