Thursday, January 18, 2007

1/13/07 - One positive side of global warming

It‘s January in Atlanta but it feels like early spring. It appears that global warming is not only bringing about melted glaciers and higher ocean level but more yard sales in the midst of winter.


Benning St. Candler Park “Yard Sale”

This was a rather small sale in the yard of an old bungalow. I arrived at 9:30 and was not sure if the sale had been pillaged by early birds or if there was just not a lot of stuff to begin with. In the yard I found some metal shelving, a set of fireplace tools, a teapot shaped like a thatched cottage, an forked implement made of stainless steal, for a few old mugs a large wardrobe and some books. Among the books were Bill Clinton’s “My Life” and some popular paperbacks by Jeff Shaara, John Lescroart and John Sanford. A large orange tabby cat set on a brick post watching the sale while I was there.
I bought nothing.

1 comment:

LLA said...

This is my favorite cat in all of Candler park - his real name is Abraham, but my son and I call him "Hi Kitty" (because when we call out "Hi Kitty" he runs from wherever he is and jumps up on that column to greet up. Also, since he enjoys his high perch there. We're just terribly, terribly clever that way...)

This blog entry has just made my day...