Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Albion Ave. - Inman Park “Yard Sale of Doom”

This was the best-named sale of the season. Here a moderate collection of clutter was crammed onto the front porch of a small frame bungalow and looked over by a 20 something looking couple. There was nothing in particular here that forecast impending doom but I was impressed to see one of the same bubbling floor lamps that I had included in my installation. Other things packed in around the porch included a small aluminum Xmas tree, a piñata of a pirate and a costume top hat with alien faces on it. The densely packed area was difficult to negotiate and I found myself knocking over randomly placed golf clubs as I perused to goods on display. Perhaps this was the meaning of doom. I managed not to damage anything in my inspection, which revealed some dirty dishes, more hats, a computer monitor and a handmade wooden cutout that may have spelled Trevor. There was a small selection of books on the porch among them were “Idiot’s Guide to Surviving Divorce”, “All Too Human”, “You Can Heal Your Life”, “World Without Cancer”, “The Magic Handbook” and “What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Pre-Menopause”
I bought nothing

No comments: