Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Edgewood Ave.- Inman Park "Divine Ladies Yard Sale"

This sale was in the driveway of a grand Victorian home that houses an art gallery in the carriage house. I never did ask who the divine lades were but I did examine their belongings and found them to be the usual Inman Park accoutrements. Among the stuff there was a wide selection of women’s clothing, a box of folk rock lps from the 70’s, candle holders shaped like shoes, a red plush monkey and a few boxes of books. Among the books were “Women Who Run With The Wolves”, “Mother Teresa- A Life in Pictures”, “A Soul’s Journey”, “Life, Paint and Passion”, “Ecstasy”, “Affirmations for Artists” and “100 Best Small Art Towns In America”.
I bought nothing but the gallery owner recommended that I try to show my photographs at a gallery in Nashville.

No comments: