Sunday, May 06, 2007

Saturday 4/28/07

I am terribly behind in several projects I am working on and I had considered saying that it rained all day and that there were no yard sales. Instead I go out with camera and bring back far to many images to deal with. Cindy has a show at Callanwolde in a month and my show at Ruby Green in Nashville is the week following that. I have still not worked out what I want the last to images to be that will grace the walls of the gallery in Nashville. I have over 3000 pictures from this series and can’t make up my mind on the final two. I head out with the presumption that today I will get the perfect image of some broken ceiling fan or perhaps a candle shaped like a cinnamon bun. Three hours later I return with neither.

Hardendorf Ave. – Lake Claire “Yard Sale”

This sale was at the end of my block. All this sale contained was a few tables of children’s stuff. Which did not surprise me since my neighbor has three children. When he saw my camera he insisted I take pictures of the toilet bowl planters in his yard. Which I had to admit were more interesting than the assemblage of children’s stuff he had along the curb.



Page Ave. – Candler Park “Yard Sale”

This sale was in the front yard of a new massive infill house. Like most sales at newer homes this one did not offer up many decrepit delights. Here I found a pile of audio and video gear, a sofa covered in a loose blue cover, a camp stove, an electric putting practice device, an ugly metal owl, a humidifier shaped like an elephant, some lamps and some toys. In a box of books I discovered “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance”, “A Professional Guide to Effective Communication”, “Why Lenin? Why Stalin?” “Hey They Thought They Were Free” and “The Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual”.
I bought nothing.

No comments: