Monday, May 21, 2007

Saturday May 12, 2007

Cindy is preparing for her exhibit at Callanwolde and has invited way too many people to come to the show as well as to our home. In preparation for this she’s attempting to make our 95 year old home not look it’s age and especially not look like we’ve been living in it for a decade and a half. With this in mind she puts a limit on my yard sale activities as she’s threatening to have a pressure washer ready for me to use when I return from the yards of clutter. I tell her I’ll try and be back by 11 AM.
I almost achieve that goal.



Lakeshore Dr. – Lake Claire "Yard Sale”

This event is in the driveways, back yards and garages of two large neighboring homes on one of the best streets (according to real estate agents) in my neighborhood. The stuff I find is not that interesting. But I am taken by the beauty of their extensive and lush back yard framed by the clutter they have put up for sale. As I wander about I encounter toys, sports equipment, plush animals, steam irons, old purses, glassware and a vase with a smiling face and feet on it. Other stuff there includes a telescopic sight for a rifle, a globe, several pairs of pliers, a foosball table, an air hockey table, a hammock and two butterfly nets. Among some books I encounter “Around the World with my Recorder”, “Buying Country Property”, Moscow- St. Petersburg Handbook”, a full set of a Groiler’s encyclopedia and a Russian Dictionary.
I buy nothing.


View of lush and extensive back yard on Lakeshore Dr.













Delano Dr. – Kirkwood “Yard Sale”

This is a medium size sale in the front yard of a frame bungalow. The sale is watched over by one woman. In her yard I find an empty guitar case, an industrial mop bucket, a box of mason jars, a music stand, some women’s clothing, a box of toys and a framed Keith Haring poster.
I buy nothing.

No comments: