Tuesday, October 10, 2006

McLendon Ave. – Lake Claire “Yard Sale”

I had gotten an early start at Oakdale so when I arrived here the sale was at peak capacity. It’s both invigorating and irritating to deal with a vibrant early morning crowd. Here people mostly got in the way of my shots when I tried to take pictures of the assembled clutter. In the driveway I found a collection of mostly newer and clean looking goods. Most interesting and perhaps a testimony to the seller’s lifestyle was a box filled with hard bound copies of L.Ron Hubbard sci-fi books. Some other books here included “The Book of Firsts”, “Your Money of Your Life”, “The UFO Experience”, “Tell Me a Riddle”, “The House with the Clock in it’s Walls”, “Bet You Can”, “Bet You Can’t” and “Future Times Three”. Other stuff scattered about included a perogi maker still in its original box, a number of mundane kitchen appliances, stemware, some action figures, a clock missing it’s hands and a highly disturbing looking Xmas tree ball with humanoid features.
I bought nothing.
The works of L. Ron Hubbard being divested.














Disturbing humanoid Xmas decoration.

No comments: