Monday, June 19, 2006

Saturday 6/10/06


This is a fine morning for sales but I need to be sorting my stuff for the show next week. I have come to the conclusion I have everything I need for the exhibit. Later in the afternoon I will go in pull down signs after the sales are ended for my lobby entry piece for the show. But I head out anyway and find some interesting sales close to home.

McLendon Ave.- Candler Park "Yard Sale"

This was a well-organized sale put together by someone I know so I should perhaps not make judgments about them. The display of goods in front of a two unit apartment building was well organized and laid out. Among the collected clutter was a welder’s jacket and helmet, a selection of books, bamboo poles, clothes, six postal worker uniforms, a medicinal patch to relieve back pain, an old vaporizer, softball trophies and a some shuttlecocks. The host told me the shuttlecocks were used by one of the Olympic badminton teams in the ‘96 games. On one small table was a tambourine, a pair of maracas and a metronome. Among the media were the books “The Millionaire Next Door”, “The Mental Athelete”, “Unconditional Life” and “You Are the Power”. There was also a VHS tape on tying knots. I bought a cassette player to use at my school for a dollar.

1 comment:

Julie K said...

I love your blog ,someone on the ebay boards had mentioned it so thought I would take a look.
Keep it up,most amusing,I would have loved that poodle painting you photographed!! No I am not joking just a poodle fanatic!