Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Saturday 10/1/05

Page Ave. - Candler Park “Yard Sale”

Not wanting to use any more gas than possible I stick close to home this morning. This sale is watched over by a Vietnamese woman. As I approach another woman is buying a large wooden bas relief of a Vietnamese village scene. The seller remarks that her family brought the item from Vietnam. I wonder if this wall décor was something that her family smuggled on a raft crossing the South China Sea and protected it from pirates who raided refugee flotillas? She sells it for only $15. There are two other Vietnamese pieces of art remaining that may have come over on the same boat. Also in her yard are copies of the “DaVinci Code”, “Girl Interrupted”, “How to Teach Your Baby Math” and “The Jane Austen Book Club”. Nearby, on a Table I yet another copy of WCIYP. There is also a collection of small decorative bottles and an empty Seven Habits Organizer.
I buy nothing.

Page Ave. - Candler Park “Yard Sale”

Almost directly across the street is a slightly smaller sale. Here I find a tea set, some office supplies, and a set of candles in small wine glasses that contain such scents as Merlot and a Jim Bean hat. Further testifying to the decline of high protein diets I find a George Foreman grill. Lying on the grass are three framed Chinese ideograms representing tranquility, wisdom and happiness.
I buy nothing.

Glendale Ave. - Candler Park “Yard Sale”

A large sign leads me to this sale on the walkway and porch of a craftsman bungalow. There I find several desk lamps, a few pillows, a paper shredder, a black metal bed frame and a bulletin board.I buy nothing.

No comments: