Friday, October 14, 2005

Sunday 10/9/05

Irwin St. - Old 4th Ward "Moving Sale"

After dropping Cindy off for her poker game in Inman Park I stopped at one sale in the old 4th Ward. This was in front of a newly built cinder block house that I had called bunker-like in a post back in December. When I arrived officers from the APD had just maced a man three doors down who had gotten out of control. While I was there rummaging through the clutter paramedics came and took him away.
At the sale was a selection of men’s clothing, a PC of which the seller was not sure of the OS, books by Ayn Rand, on home building and how to make money in real estate. Along the street were a gas grill, a sink some mirrors and a table saw.
I bought a shirt and a tie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog - am finding it very interesting & like the photos a lot too. I am amazed ( and impressed) at how often you buy nothing. I also like going to sales and seeing them from an anthropological perspective, but I have difficulty not coming away with something. Which is why I don't go as often as I used to - too much stuff!