Sunday, February 26, 2006

Saturday 02/25/06

Whiteford Ave. - Edgewood “Yard Sale”

The morning was cold and wet. Not the type of weather I would expect anyone to hold a yard sale on. Looking at Craigslist I found one sale in East Atlanta. I waited till mid morning to see if the rain would end but it didn’t. Not having much to do I headed south anyway. On the way there I saw a sign for this sale.
A small table and some car parts sat in the wet front yard. Most of the stuff for sale was piled onto the front porch. When I went up the steps to the porch no one was there to greet me. The entire time I was on the porch looking over the clutter no one came out of the house. They must have believed that no one their right mind would go to a yard sale on a day like this. There were not a lot of things for sale here. On the porch lay a pair of broken cow horns, a set of golf clubs in a bright blue bag, a football helmet, a large plush rabbit and a broken chair. There were some shelves with a few toys on them. A small table had an original piece of spin art upon it. Overall the sale was a sad affair that the sellers had it seems given up on.
I bought nothing.
I later drove down to East Atlanta but found that the sale advertised in Craigslist was not happening.

No comments: